Monday, April 26, 2010

Playstation 3

Before I start, let me say that I am definitely a gamer. I have grown up with a video game system in my house since I was born, thanks to my older brother. I have had the original Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Playstation, Playstation 2, and for the past few years my Playstation 3. I have to say that I am completely shocked that the sales of the PS3 are the lowest of the three major gaming systems, (Nintendo Wii and XBOX 360). It is obvious that the PS3 is the most expensive. When it first came out it was around 500-600$, but now it is in the 300-400$ range. Some people will say well that is still pretty pricey, but you have to look at everything it does. First of all it is a high definition gaming system. The games made for it have some of the most amazing graphics I have ever seen from a video game system, and the graphics just get better as the developers find out more things the system is capable of. Game developers probably will not know the full capabilities of the system until after they make Playstation 4. Not only is it a great game system, but it comes equipped with a Blu Ray player. Blu ray DVDs are the next generation of DVDs. They are high definition with absolute crystal clear picture. For example I have The Dark Knight on blu ray, and there is a scene where the Joker's men blow out a window. When the window blows up you can literally see every piece of glass, it's unbelievable. Blu ray DVDs are taking off right now and becoming more and more popular. It is getting to the point where if you own a high definition television, you have to buy a blu ray so you can watch all your movies in high definition as well as your television shows. Another great aspect of the PS3 is that it has an internet browser built in. Oh and the internet access is free as long as you have an internet connection in your house. Also don't worry if it is a wireless connection because the PS3 has built in WiFi that can scan for an internet signal. This really is the perfect system and the commercials are right, "it only does everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment